Installing the IPFS Companion to Access Kwenta
This tutorial will guide you through the process of installing and configuring the IPFS Companion browser extension to access Kwenta. IPFS Companion is a powerful tool that enhances your browsing experience by connecting your browser to the decentralized web via the InterPlanetary File System (IPFS). By following these steps, you will be able to access Kwenta through IPFS.
For its full functionality to be enabled, IPFS Companion requires a local IPFS node. As such, it is recommended that you have an IPFS node installed and running on your computer. Any one of the following will satisfy the requirement:
You can still use IPFS Companion without a local node running, although you will lose some functionality, such as the ability to load websites with DNSLink via a gateway.
Step 1: Install the IPFS Companion browser extension
Step 2: Configure IPFS Companion settings
- 1.After installing the IPFS Companion extension, click on its icon in your browser's toolbar to open its settings.
- 2.In the settings menu, make sure "Public Gateway" is selected as the "IPFS Provider."
- 3.(Optional) Customize the "Public Gateway" field with a preferred IPFS gateway if desired. Otherwise, leave it as the default value.
Step 3: Access Kwenta using IPFS Companion
- 1.With IPFS Companion installed and configured, you can now access Kwenta through the IPFS gateway. In your browser's address bar, enter the following link: ipns://kwenta.eth
- 2.The IPFS Companion extension will automatically redirect you to the IPFS version of the Kwenta website.
- 3.Enjoy seamless and decentralized access to Kwenta through the IPFS network!
By following these steps, you will have successfully installed the IPFS Companion browser extension and configured it for accessing Kwenta. Enjoy trading on the decentralized platform with the added benefits of the InterPlanetary File System.